Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My First Bantu Knot (Or Chiney Bump)


This is my first attempt at a bantu knot!  We'll see how the results come out in the morning.  It's about 10:30p.m.  And I'm going to sleep on it.
  • First I washed and conditioned my hair with Suave Almond and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner.  I chose to use that today because I felt that I needed to clarify my hair after 3 weeks of using a sulfate-free shampoo.  It seemed like there was some build-up from oils and conditioners that I have been trying out. 
  • Next, I applied a leave-in conditioner to my damp hair and sectioned it into about 5 parts.  After sectioning, I began to detangle from the front of my head and make smaller sections for the knots.  Since my hair is fine I do not like to make my parts too small.  I actually think I could have made them a bit bigger but we'll see how it goes.  Next I combed through the section with a paddle brush and applied Argan Oil to each section before I twirled my hair into the knots.  I highly recommed Argan Oil for this because it worked wonderfully for a previous braid-out yeilding great definition and little frizz. 
  • Lastly, I sat under a hooded dryer to take out some of the moisture before going to bed just to ensure it will not be damp in the morning.
I'm excited to see the results!  Will post the pics for you!


Next Morning:
Loosen knots

Pulled out and slightly loosen
Finished look




Next time I will definitely try larger sections that will result in a looser curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment